My family loves pizza. My family loves Mexican food. So when the two worlds collide and make Mexican pizza, our taste buds don’t know what to do.
Here’s what we had for dinner tonight:
- 4 8″ flour tortillas
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomatoes (you can use any flavor you like)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups colby jack cheese
- Optional: chopped jalapeños, sliced black olives, ground beef
- Preheat oven to 425°
- While oven is heating, spray pan with cooking spray. Cook onions and black beans until onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, taco seasoning and approximately ½ cup water. Cook until water is boiling; reduce heat and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Place flour tortillas on baking sheet. Spread approximately 1/2 cup bean and tomato mixture on each tortilla (this acts as the “sauce”). Top with cheese, olives, jalapeños and/or ground beef.
- Bake for approximately 13 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned to your liking.
That’s it. Simple, delicious, spicy, quick. What more could you ask for?