Today is an important day. It was today, 37 years ago, that my parents got married. To each other. And they’re still married!
Since I can’t provide you with a better anniversary present than me (I was born 3 years and 4 days later) and I’m not quite sure what alabaster is, my gift to you is a walk down memory lane. So now, I present your gift, entitled “Other things that happened on June 1, 1974”:
- “My Girl Bill” by Jim Stafford hits #12
- Ray Stevens’ “The Streak” was the #1 song
- Bundy victim Brenda Ball disappears from Burien, Wash
- Chemical plant explodes in Flixborough Lincs kills 29 in UK
- The Heimlich maneuver for rescuing choking victims is published in the journal Emergency Medicine
- Alanis Morisette and Mark Paul Gosselaar (Zach Morris) were born
- The Mets were in 4th place in the NL East. The Yankees were in last place in the AL East
That’s all I could find.
Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad! We all love you so much and we hope you have another 37 years!