Cole slaw is the perfect side dish for so many sandwiches…hamburgers, hot dogs, turkey sandwiches and even my family’s favorite sandwich, turkey barbeque sandwiches (look for that recipe soon). It’s a nice combination of crunchy and sweet. But the mayonnaise or dressing that accompanies the cabbage adds so much unnecessary calories and fat that it makes cole slaw not worth eating. Until now.
I’ve adapted this recipe from one that I found in a Weight Watchers cookbook. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- ½ bag shredded cole slaw mix (found in the produce section)
- ½ bottle lite honey mustard dressing
- pepper (to taste; I usually use about ½ tsp)
- Mix cole slaw and dressing thoroughly
- Add pepper
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
That’s it. It’s simple, easy and delicious!