If your family is anything like mine, then you love dessert. Unfortunately, most desserts are high calorie, loaded with sugar and fat…well, the ones that taste good are loaded with that stuff. But there are some dessert recipes that taste good and are not loaded with sugar and fat. Chocolate pumpkin muffins (aka muffkins) are one of them:
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1 egg (optional, if you want a fluffier muffkin)
- Preheat oven according to cake mix directions
- While oven heats up, mix the pumpkin, cake mix, water and optional egg in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the mix into a mini-muffin pan (you may need to repeat this step twice)
- Bake according to directions on box
Makes approximately 24 muffkins.
Each muffkin is worth 1 Weight Watchers point.
These are a nice, small and tasty treat. It’s a great way to get a taste of chocolate without the guilt!
Full disclosure: This recipe is not mine. I stole it directly from my friend April.