My crab cakes are some of the most coveted on the planet. Well, my part of the planet. I’m not really sure how I came up with this recipe. I just kind of looked at the recipe on the back of the Old Bay, decided what I wanted and didn’t want to use and the rest was history.
- 1 lb crab meat, preferably lump or backfin
- 2 tbsp lite mayo
- 1 egg
- ¼-½ cup breadcrumbs (or you can toast 2 pieces of bread, cut of the crusts, cube the bread and use that in place of the breadcrumbs)
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Form into patties and place on cookie sheet lined with tinfoil. Make sure you spray the tinfoil with cooking spray. The patties will stick.
- Broil on high for about 20 minutes
That’s it. Simple, easy and relatively quick. Hope you enjoy them!