This is a recipe I learned from my mom. It’s similar to beef stew except instead of beef, you use lentils. It’s easy to make, produces a ton of food and is really filling. If you have too much left over, it freezes well.
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- Garlic, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large pot or slow cooker. Cook at medium heat until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition information: will vary based on amount and size of vegetables