This is yet another recipe that I’ve taken from Weight Watchers and adjusted to make my own version:
- 1 lbs ground turkey (can substitute 1 package Morningstar farms soy burger crumbles)
- 1 7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce, any flavor (can use more if desired)
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Sauté onions for approximately 3-4 minutes in nonstick pan
- Add meat and cook through
- Add in chopped red peppers and barbeque sauce
- Stir until meat and onions are completely coated
- Cook until entire mixture is heated through
- Serve on toasted hamburger rolls
My family absolutely loves this meal. We devour it every time I make it (and that includes my ridiculously picky 3-year-old). We typically eat it with frozen french fries and cole slaw, but you can add any sides you want: corn, mashed potatoes, garden salad, caesar salad–they all can work with this.
This is another super easy, quick and inexpensive meal to make. It’s a great go-to meal for those nights where you want to have a meal at home but you’re rushing to get somewhere else. Healthier than fast food, tastier than fast food and all in under 15 minutes!